Sunday, August 24, 2008

I am a cheap date!

This is what my hubby told me on our way home from dinner last night. I consider that a compliment in today's economy ... especially when a date involves the added expense of childcare. We can thank the Entertainment and Citipass coupon books for our cheap date. We ate dinner in Nolensville at Bricks Cafe for $16 (including tip) and then stopped at Cold Stone Creamery on our way home for buy-one-get-one-free ice cream for $5. The babysitter cost $26 for a date-night total of $47 (not including gas of course). I am very proud of our thriftiness. NOTE: Several people have told me that you can check the Clipper magazine for good deals too and they typically have coupons for Bricks Cafe, which I highly recommend if you are not in a hurry. The food was great and they have a good variety of food, but the service was SLOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new blog!!! :)

susanv said...

Thanks! I finally found some time to get it up and running. I have been wanting to do it for a while.