Sunday, November 30, 2008

Go Green!

Yesterday I cleaned/organized our pantry and found this crammed in the bottom corner.

I typically re-use my precious Target shopping bags and store them in another place, but other grocery bags (e.g., Wal-Mart, Publix) are used only for dirty diapers and taking my lunch to work (not at the same time of course). It was coincidental that I found these when I did because I was just telling Will this past weekend that I think we need to start living a little more environmentally friendly. I am certainly no tree-hugger, but I think there are a couple of things I can easily do to help the environment.

This is on my mind because of a Larry King episode I saw the other night featuring Thomas Friedman. Check out the clip below. (I watch Larry King at night when I am sewing after the kids have gone to bed. It seems to be the only thing interesting on TV at any given time that I am up there.)


I am not going to make any major life changes at this point (regarding the environment), but every little bit helps. My pre-new year's resolution is this: (1) we are going to start recycling paper, plastic and aluminum and (2) we going to stop using plastic grocery bags!

No comments: