Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Thanksgiving is truly one of my favorite (and often overlooked) holidays. However, I am super pumped about Christmas this year because I think that Claire actually gets it this year. She has already been talking about Santa Claus and I have several activities planned for the month of December to teach her the true reason for the season. More on that later ...

I have seen this little "getting to know you activity" on several blogs I read and I had planned to post it to kick off the Christmas season. My friend Kaisha just emailed the exact same exercise to me today and I thought I would take a quick break from work and go ahead and write the post. Here goes ...

1.) Wrapping paper or gift bag? both ... depends on the gift. I do LOVE to wrap presents though and threaten to get a job every year at a department store just to wrap gifts.

2.) Real tree or artificial? artificial. We bought a real tree once ever when I was little. My dad made us plant in the yard because he couldn't stand to throw it away. I think it died several summers later.

3.) When do you put up the tree? Ideally, the day/weekend after Thanksgiving.

4.) When do you take the tree down? Ideally, New Year's Day.

5.) Do you like eggnog? no. Boiled custard ... yes.

6.) Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing stands out in my mind. I remember the year I got a Nintendo for Christmas and the Barbie mansion another year so I guess those were my favorites.

7.) Hardest person to buy for? Joe, my father-in-law. Plus, his birthday is on New Year's Eve so I have to come up with 2 gifts for him. Ugh!

8.) Easiest person to buy for? Will. He makes his Christmas list right after Halloween.

9.) Do you have a Nativity scene? yes-last year, my mom bought me the same nativity set that she had when I was growing up and it is my favorite.

10.) Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail

11.) Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year, Will's grandmother gave all of the grandkids a "Perfect Pancake" pan.

12.) Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas and Christmas Vacation

13.) When do you start shopping for Christmas ? Usually I shop throughout the year.

14.) Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? I'm sure I have but nothing specific comes to mind.

15.) Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies, any kind. I am a sucker for a cookie swap.

16.) Lights on the tree? yes-white ones

17.) Favorite Christmas song ? We need a Little Christmas, Winter Wonderland, Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful

18.) Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas morning at home, some travel.

19.) Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes

20.) Angel on the tree top or a star? a big bow or decorative sticks

21.) Open presents Christmas morning? Yes. We always got to open one gift on Christmas Eve growing up.

22.) Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Trying to find babysitters.

23.) Favorite ornament, theme or color? We have new theme this year-red and lime green ornaments. I will post photos when the tree is up.

24.) Favorite for Christmas dinner? We always do Christmas brunch. Quiche, muffins, fruit and lots of coffee.

25.) What do you want for this Christmas? World peace ... and a new digital camera.

I will not tag anybody as I have typically seen done on other blogs. However, if you copy and post on your own blog, please post a comment so I can get to know your holiday faves too!

No comments: