Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dedicated to the ONE we love

The past two Sunday nights, we have been at church for dedication services of sorts. I wanted to share a few photos to commemorate these events. First, Will was ordained as a deacon in our church. He will be busy next year serving in this capacity. I know he is looking forward to the opportunities this position will afford him to serve others and serve God. I pray that I can support him in this new role and I pray that he will be a blessing to others. I also pray that he will be blessed by this ministry opportunity. Will's parents, brother and niece were able to attend the service, along with my parents.

Will and me with his family.
Will and me with my parents.

I had to sneak in this cute photo of Claire and her Meme.


A sweet family photo.

Second was David's baby dedication service. We are thankful for the opportunity to make a public commitment to raise our precious baby boy in God's word. I know that he is a special gift from God and that God has a special plan for his life. What a privilege to parent this child.

A family photo before the ceremony.




My sister and her family were able to attend.


David is very fortunate to have a long christian heritage. We were thankful that all of his grandparents were able to attend this special ceremony (photos above and below).


Our special boy on his dedication day.

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6.

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7.

No comments: