Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Favorite Things ... right now.

Not raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens, but ... I formulated a list of my top 10 ... I mean 8 ... (in no particular order) while I was spreading some holiday cheer ... I mean out running errands ... earlier this week. (NOTE: the random pictures are for Jennifer, who doesn't like to read blogs without pictures. Girl, you are too funny.)

(1) Overstock sales (or samples sales). I have been to 2 this past month and purchased boutique children's clothing WAY BELOW retail price. Check our Rosie Posie and Flit and Flitter. A couple of outfits I got for Claire from Filt and Flitter.

(2) 1/2 price sales at Hobby Lobby. I got this framed earlier this week (finally). Claire was 18 months old in this picture. I have had it ready to frame since November ... of 2007. Maybe we will get it hung in our living room before Claire goes to college.



(3) McDougals. It's a chicken place. With free soft serve ice cream. And $0.99 kid meals. And all the chicken-dippin sauce you can eat. 'Nuf said.

(4) Baby Einstein activity caterpillar. Today, I hooked this thing up to the shopping cart handle while I was out finishing up my Christmas shopping. David didn't make a peep the entire time. Now, if only I could come up with something to keep Claire entertained.
(5) Dollar Tree. I had to take party favors to Claire's Christmas party at school this week. I got bags, books, bubbles and candy for 12 kids for $1.50/child.

(6) Pre-made and cut-out sugar cookies for decorating. I HATE rolling out cookie dough. My mom did/does it. My grandmother did it. I will not.

(7) Over-the-top Christmas light. If you live in the Nashville area, you have got to check out the houses in the Sunnyside neighborhood (off Hillsboro Road south of Murray Lane). Santa is actually there live on certain nights of the week. Claire made us drive through and see it twice. Lights are on from 5-10pm.


(8) "Christmas Vacation". The movie and the actual vacation. Will is off for the rest of the year and I only have 4 more work days to go. Will and I watched the movie earlier this week while we were wrapping Christmas gifts. Anyone have any idea how to keep the kids from unwrapping the gifts before Christmas?



Okay ... I tried to think of 10 to make my list a little less random, but it is time for BED and I am TIRED. What are some of your favorite things this time of year?

No comments: