Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day

This is what we woke up to on Friday morning ... a pretty substantial dusting of snow.


Unfortunately, by the end of the 45-degree-high temp day, all of the snow was gone. But, we bundled up the kids early Friday morning and made a trek out into the snow for a quick photo session. My kids do not like to play in the snow ... at least not yet.

Claire's feet were the only part of her body that touched the snow. We had the following conversation several times on Thursday night and Friday morning.

Claire: Tell Daddy to clean up the snow. It's dirty.

Me: We don't clean up the snow, God does. He will make it warm up outside and the snow will melt.

Claire: The snow is on my slide. Tell Daddy to clean it up.


David seemed to like the snow alright ...


until I sat him down in it. We clearly do not own appropriate snow attire for our children. Will and I both ski, so we are set. Our children, on the other hand, do not. Note: David is wearing his slippers and Claire has on white leather Keds. I debated putting Ziploc bags over her feet (to protect the shoes), but I was afraid it would cause her to slip and fall.

David's first snow!

I didn't blog when Claire was little so no one got to see the cute photos of her very first snow (in January 2006). You will recognize the hat she is wearing then (at age 9 months) is the same one she is wearing in the pictures from last week. She REFUSED to wear another hat. Sound familiar (for those of you will 2-year-olds)? Fortunately, for me, the hat still fits.


No comments: