Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sew What?: January

Yeah! I have finally gotten back into a sewing groove. (Thanks to my hubby who gave me a whole Saturday to sew one weekend.) However, I seem to be stuck in some kind of t-shirt rut. Anyway, here are some things I have made the past month. I even managed to get a couple of photos of the kids modeling my handiwork.

A pink minky snowflake for Claire.

And a matching blue snowflake for brother.

I absolutely love this skirt. I am thinking about making one for myself it is so CUTE. It is one of my new Portobello Pixie patterns I mentioned here. I put a patch on a plain white t-shirt with some of the extra fabric for a matching top. I think Claire can wear this now with brown leggings or tights and when it warms up with sandals and a short-sleeve t-shirt. Very versatile!


Another patch t-shirt to match some green corduroy pants left over from a Christmas outfit.


I love this new octopus monogram. It will definitely be on summer outfits for the kids. But, I couldn't wait to try it out on a onesie for David to wear now.


Another patch t-shirt. Do you see a pattern her. Honestly, I think this patch will come in handy to cover up holiday monograms and get longer wear out of tops/outfits or to even cover up a nasty stain.


A Valentine shirt for Claire. I actually finished it in time for her to wear it several times before the 14th. Yeah for me. Now, I just have to keep it clean!

Baby brother got a valentine shirt too.

I actually cut out and appliqued this dress last fall. Yikes. I just now got around to sewing it up. Fortunately, it was a size too big last year so it fits perfect now. My procrastination paid off.

My mom smocked this dress for Claire. Its been a work in progress for about 2 years now. In her defense, the smocking pattern was horrible and each of those elephants were probably re-done about 3 times each. She finally got it finished and I offered to hem it for her. Now it will be ready to wear when Bama starts their championship season in 2009.


That is all for this month. My goal for February is to work on birthday and Easter outfits for the kids.

No comments: