Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol, Top 9

Well, my husband made fun of me a little bit tonight when we started watching the show for writing this little recap every week. But, obviously he reads it so who is he to cast stones.

This one will be short and sweet because (1) I didn't really LOVE the show/theme tonight and (2) I have to finish sewing up Claire's Easter outfit for her to wear to her school party on Thursday. (When you make something with bunnies on the fabric, you have to get maximum wearage out of it and due to spring break, the Easter party came a little early.)

Anoop Desai - “Caught Up”: Don't know the song. Didn't really like the performance. I do hope Anoop sticks around for a few more weeks though.

Megan Joy - “Turn Your Lights Down Low”: I wish this girl's singing was a good as she is cute. She sounded really nasally tonight.

{I think I have made up about 3 new words so far in this post. Is nasally a word?}

Danny Gokey - “What Hurts The Most”: I LOVE RASCAL FLATTS, so I was pumped to hear Danny perform one of their songs. He sang with soul and power. Good performance.

Allison Iraheta - “Don’t Speak”: Good performance. She was looking very Cyndi Lauper-ish tonight. I thought the outfit was cute minus the WHITE SHOES! Oh my word, those were awful!

Scott MacIntyre - “Just The Way You Are”: Good performance for Scott, but not in a league with the other contestants vocally. And really, no one should take on Billy Joel on the piano. My husband thought he looked like a character from the movie "Grease" with the new hairdo. I tend to agree.

Matt Giraud - “You Found Me”: I LOVE Matt and I LOVE The Fray, but obviously the two do not mix well. Matt, oh Matt. Why don't you listen to the judges advice? I think the judges' will save him if he gets voted off tomorrow night, but they were NOT happy with his song selection.

Lil Rounds - “I Surrender”: I didn't really like this song when Celine Dion sang it. Lil's performance didn't do much for me either. Someone needs to help that girl find a song that defines her as an artist. She can definitely sing, but she hasn't really connected with a song yet.

Adam Lambert - “Play That Funky Music”: Good arrangement of this song and great job making it current. I liked this performance, but it was a little over the top in places and a little screechy. I think my friend Mary said it best (from a comment on Facebook earlier tonight) when she said, "could you really listen to a whole album of Adam?". I think probably not. He is still VERY GOOD and deserves to go far in this show despite his bouts of weirdness.

Kris Adams - “Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone”: Could he be any cuter? I loved this new and contemporary arrangement of a kind of slow and boring song otherwise. According to my hubby (who thinks it's stupid to write this recap), Kris will sell more albums than any other contestant this season. He is probably right.

Kris was my fave tonight ... by a mile. Danny came in a very distant second. Bottom three prediction: Scott, Megan and Matt. Check out BooMama's comments on the show here.

1 comment:

The Kelley Family said...

Didn't get to see Kris' performance.. that happened to fall in the middle of bath & bedtime. However, I did love Danny's performance! Overall, wasn't thrilled about last nights show either and Allison's white shoes were dreadful!