Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dental Hygiene 101

Claire took her first visit to the dentist today. I'm not going to lie, I was fully prepared for her to have a cavity since she (1) eats a piece of candy every night after dinner and (2) Will is not very diligent about helping her brush her teeth (he gets her ready for bed every night). Well, and (3) I'm not sure how much my nanny helps Claire brush her teeth on the mornings that she gets is her ready.

Pediatric dentists are the BEST! The waiting room was like an arcade. The kids loved riding the whale.

When they finally called us back, Claire hopped up into the chair like a pro. NOTE: she can be bribed with a Dora toothbrush! The hygienist brushed and flossed her teeth. So far, so good!

YEAH! NO CAVITIES! We got the stamp of approval from Dr. King. On a side note, Dr. King's father, also Dr. King, was my dentist growing up. I didn't know this until after I had scheduled Claire's appointment.

I must say, even with a cranky little brother in tow, I think this little outing went better than we could have imagined. But, I'm glad we don't go back for another 6 months!

No comments: