Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Menu-Plan Monday ... on Tuesday (June 30-July 6)

I love planning things. Especially when food is involved. I was doing really good about planning our weekly menu, cutting back on our eating out and sticking to our food budget for the first few months of the year. Then we joined the Y and we were getting home later (with less time to cook), we went on two trips within 3 weeks of each other, and we just generally got busy with lots of activities.

I am trying to get back on track and I need some accountability via this blog. So, each Monday, I am going to post our menu plan for the week. (This will work well since I typically grocery shop on Tuesday after work.) I will try to post any recipe worthy of sharing along the way.

My goal with the menu planning is to:
(1) stay within our grocery budget
(2) eat healthier
(3) eat out less
(4) reduce my stress related to feeding my family
(5) try new recipes

Tuesday: Turkey burgers, chips, baked beans

Wednesday: Apricot chicken w/rice and steamed broccoli or asparagus (from E-Mealz)

Thursday: Date night! Will and I are going out and the kids can eat leftover chicken pot pie.

Friday: July 4th cookout with my family. I am responsible for steaks and chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, blackberry cobbler and Sangria.

Saturday: Picnic dinner to watch fireworks at local park ... we will probably pick up sandwiches at Jersey Mike's (we have a BOGO coupon).

Sunday: Lunch-leftover buffet (this is Will's favorite meal ... NOT); Dinner-cookout with friends. I am making hamburgers, hot dogs and banana split brownie for dessert.

Monday: grilled salmon (already marinated from Costco), wild rice and steamed veggies

No comments: