Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sew What?: June

I have sewn a lot this month, but don't seem to have much to show for it!

This quilt top is finally finished (it has been sewn together even thought it is not in the picture). Now I just need to quilt it, back it and bind it, all of which I have never done before and I'm a little nervous about doing. Yikes! Well, baby Jacob has arrived and he needs his blanket so I am going to try and suck it up and do it this weekend.



These girls belong to my friend Krystie and they are modeling the Caroline dresses that Krystie made when we sewed together a few Saturdays ago. Looks like the little one had some strawberries for lunch!



This is the Caroline dress I made for a friend's baby gift. It's a size 0-12M so it's tiny!

I made this top for Claire LAST YEAR and I finally got around to making her some matching pants. Of course, now the top is a little too short so I am going to have to add a ruffle to the bottom after it comes out of the wash. The pants are my favorite little ruffle capri from Portabello Pixie. You can't really tell, but the pants fabric has tiny pink shimmer dots on it.



This little outfit is the Children's Corner Morgan pattern. I am embarrassed to say that I cut this out in March 2008 to make a birthday gift for a friend's daughter and I never got around to sewing it up. In my defense, I was 8 months pregnant at the time. I decided to finish it thinking I would give it to a friend with a younger child since it is size 24M, but when I finished, it looked huge. I tried it on Claire and it still fit. Yeah! I had to shorten the straps on this pattern quite a bit so maybe I measured wrong?? Please note that this is not the most "potty" friendly outfit, but it sure is cute!


I have deemed July the month of the quilt. I have 4 quilts in progress now and I am bound and determined to finish them next month.

No comments: