Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sewing pattern "wins" and "woes"

Pattern woes: Ever since I found Darby's blog and read this post, I have been hunting for this pesky little Simplicity pattern that is apparently no longer in print.


My friend Colleen tried to buy a copy on Ebay and she was outbid at the last second. (Don't you hate it when that happens.) We have looked everywhere to no avail. I've even called sewing shop owners that I know to see if they might have it in their personal stash. No. Such. Luck.

On to the pattern wins: In my search for the Simplicity pattern, I ran across this pattern over at Mindy's website.



The Caroline dress. How cute is that!

My friend Krystie came over to sew on Saturday afternoon, and we had three dresses finished in about 4 hours. (She has 2 girls and I made a dress for my niece.) This pattern is super-cute (ranging in size from 0-12M to size 8) and super-easy to make. I should be able to crank out the next one in about an hour now that I know that pattern. This will be a perfect "nap time" sewing project for me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I totally have that pattern you are looking for !!! I have the sizes up to a 4. You are welcome to borrow it if you want!