Thursday, July 23, 2009

David: 15 months old

David was 15 months old last week. I waited until today to post so I could get the official stats from the doctor's office.

Weight: 23 lbs. (30%)
Height: 30 inches (50%)
Head circumference: 20 inched (>97%)

Hey-we grow our babies' heads big, which makes for LOTS of brain power. Speaking of heads, here is a shot of the new haircut. It's still growing on me.


This has been quite a challenging three months with the Big D. I love him to pieces, but he is all BOY. From the sweat and grit to the stinky feet (I'm told that he gets that from his daddy). David is one busy little boy for sure.

Right now, he loves to climb ... the stairs, onto chairs, onto tables (see photo below).
He also loves to put everything in his mouth ... including the Styrofoam fruit see pictured above.

His other favorite activity (when his is not climbing on chairs) is to pull out all the Ziploc bags in our house and throw toys in the dryer when I am not looking. Climbing into the dishwasher and closing doors is also a favorite activity. Did I mention that we should never spend any money on toys for this child.

He plays HARD in the bathtub, and more often than not, there is more water on the floor than in the tub when he is finished. How could you get mad at this face?



He still loves to snuggle with his mommy when he is tired and I could just eat him up. He also likes to look at books, but I can't really read to him because he gets mad if he is not in control of the page turning.



Right now, he says "Mommy", "Daddy", "milk", "bye", "thank you" and this afternoon at nap time I think he said "night, night". He is very good at mimicking the intonation in your voice when you say something and he also likes to scream (for fun) and hum.

But, his very favorite thing to do is spin. Claire loves to dance with Will in the living room after dinner and David will get in there with them and just spin round and round ... until he falls down ... literally. It is the funniest thing I think I have ever seen. We have to make sure he is all clear of the furniture ... or the tile floor in the kitchen. I will try to get a video up soon (if I can figure it out) because it will crack you up.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That face IS precious! I cringe a little when I hear "all boy". What am I in for?? I undersyand girls so well, not so much with messy, stinky little boys. :) Glad to hear he still likes to snuggle though!