Thursday, August 27, 2009

While Daddy's Away ...

Things have been a little crazy around here the past few weeks. Will was gone to Arizona for 6 whole days and left me home alone with the kiddos. Let me just tell you that single parenting is for the birds! I had the busiest work week I have probably had all year to top it off. I was exhausted when he finally got back home.

We did manage to squeeze in a little fun while Daddy was gone. We went swimming with one of our Friday playgroups.

This is Claire and her best buddy at church ... Avery. We are so sad that they won't be in the same class this year at preschool. Their birthdays are only a few days apart, but the cut-off fell right in between.



While we were cooling off by the pool, Will was here ... playing golf for 2-1/2 days before his work meeting started. It was like 110 degrees there and he played 116 holes of golf over the course of his trip. We're lucky that he lived to tell about it and didn't die of heat stroke.







This is Will and his business partner Chris. Props to Will for taking such good pictures on his trip ... he knows I'm a scrapbooker!

Will returned on August 20th, which (unremembered by me) was our 10th anniversary of the day we got engaged. I completely forgot. But apparently, he had been planning this little shindig for a couple of years. When he got back on home on Thursday afternoon, his parents magically appeared to watch our children while we took a little trip to a local park. (We got engaged at the Boston Commons in Boston--like Central Park in NYC.) He surprised me with this beautiful diamond wedding band. Needless to say ... I was SHOCKED. I actually have this as a loaner right now because they had to order my correct size and the jeweler is resizing and repairing my engagement ring so I don't have it right now either. I can't wait to have the whole set together.


I can't believe my sweet husband pulled this off unbeknownst to me. Especially since I didn't even remember the significance of the date! Yikes! Will is definitely the romantic in this relationship! (Pardon my horrible nails! I'll admit it. I am a nail biter ... a horrible habit that I seem only to break when I am pregnant.)

No comments: