Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Little Houdini

I know I am supposed to be "catching up", but there was not much catching up for me this afternoon after this happened.

David typically takes a little nap after we get home from preschool and I work (from home) a little while longer while Claire watches a movie and has a snack. This afternoon, David never really fell asleep, but I left him in his crib for about an hour because he wasn't really fussing to get up. When I finally walked in to check on him, he was standing in his crib, fully clothed, and his diaper was laying on the floor.

You know where this is going ... after he somehow managed to get his diaper off while still fully clothed in a one-piece romper (that was still fully buttoned), he went potty all over his clothes and sheet. Just add another load to the laundry list ... literally.

I couldn't help but laugh because he was pretty proud of himself standing there commando in his crib. Maybe he'll be ready for potty training sooner than I thought. We're at least waiting until after the first of the year.