Friday, December 18, 2009

Make festive outfits for the children ... check.

I haven't done much sewing since the back-to-school and pumpkin outfits were finished. I have kind of missed sewing, but I also kind of dreaded going into my sewing room and digging out a spot to work. I managed to get in there though (after Thanksgiving) and whip up some festive Christmas attire for my children.

Claire got this cute swing top and Santa appliqued tee with bright red corduroy ruffle-flare pants. The top is just a shortened a-line dress with added ribbon tie and the pants are the ruffle pants from Portabello Pixie (the cutest girls pants ever ... you will see them a lot if you read this blog because they go from size 2 to size 8). I got the Santa patch applique here.



A close-up view of the top. I used button holes to make the loops for the tie. NOTE: Make sure your ribbon is not too wide. I had 1-1/2-inch wide ribbon and I used the largest button hole my machine would make and it's still just a tad too small.



David got a matching Santa patch tee and red corduroy pants. His pants are a Kwik Sew pattern (with matching vest).



A close up of the Santa patch.



I also made Claire this cute pillowcase dress. I love the Christmas tree fabric in the fun pinks, reds and greens. I also love this pattern because it takes about 1 hour to make from start to finish. (That includes cutting out the pattern.) Get more info here.


Here are the kids before school yesterday in their matching Santa tees.



No comments: