Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: January 18-24

We had a TON of leftovers this week and a couple of carry overs that I never made last week, which means no trip to the grocery store for me for a second week in a row (except for milk and fresh produce of course).

Our favorite meal by far this week was the Chipotle Chicken Chili. I used 3 chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken because Publix was out of chicken on this particular trip. (I cooked 6 total chicken breasts in the crockpot and saved the other 3 for another meal.) I also used about 4-5T of the pureed chipotle pepper sauce, which gave this soup LOTS of flavor.

Another fave this week that was not on the formal menu plan was homemade granola bars. Claire has been eating Quaker chocolate chip granola bars for breakfast about 4-5 days/week for a while now (she loves them), but I wanted a little healthier option so I tried these. A few notes: (1) I didn't add any of the optional add-in items (like walnuts, chocolate chips, etc.) and these were a tad sweet. I will use 3/4 c. honey next time and probably add some mini-chocolate chips. (2) These are chewy granola bars so don't expect a crunchy bar or you will be disappointed. These are more cakey, like dense brownies.

Monday: Leftover baked Parmesan fish, mushroom rice, green beans

Tuesday: Dinner at bible study

Wednesday: leftover Mixed Up pizza casserole, salad

Thursday: leftover Chipotle Chicken Chili, tostitos

Friday: pizza at a going away party for a couple in our Sunday school class. I think I am going to make this cake to take for dessert.

Saturday: This meal is still up in the air. We are having friends over for dinner so I'll have to figure out something to make.

Sunday: Sage pork chops with apples, buttered pasta, salad

Check out other menu plans here.

No comments: