Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday David!


Dear David,

I cannot believe that my baby boy is two years old today. Where has the time gone? How did my sweet baby boy grow into this little man? (One who refuses to hold my hand as we walk through a parking lot and pushes me away and says "top".)

You are so full of energy and life and keep me on my toes every single day. I love how excited you are to see me when you wake up in the morning or when I pick you up from preschool in the afternoon. It is the highlight of my day. I love how you try to snuggle and love on me when I drop you off at preschool (so I won't leave you), but when I put you down, you walk right in and start playing with your friends.

You are strong and independent. You like to "do it yourself" and most times refuse any help from Mommy or Daddy. (I am thinking about an incident with a spoon and some applesauce). I love to hear your sweet little voice say "I did it" when you accomplish something.

You are a busy boy and you are curious about everything. You love to explore and do things with your hands. You love to paint and sing and dance. You love to play with your big sister and you try to do everything that she does (and most of the time you can). I wish you would pose for a picture like she does! Ha! (This was the best picture I could get of you today.)

You have lots to say to us, but the sweetest is when I walk into your bedroom when you've woken up during the night and you say "I wanna wok" and you're standing in your crib with your two blankets reaching for me. I could "wok" you all night long!

Your name means "beloved" and you truly are the beloved of your Daddy and me. I've always heard that little boys hold a special place in their mommy's hearts and now I know that to be true.

The biblical King David was a man after God's own heart and I pray that one day that can also be said of you.

I love you more than you will ever know and I can't wait to see God's plan for your life unfold in the coming years.

Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

Love, Mommy

No comments: