Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday outing ... not a good idea!

David took what is very likely his last trip to the grocery store today. Since it 87 degrees outside this afternoon, I decided to run by Whole Foods after I picked the kids up from preschool to kill some of what is usually our "play outside" time and take advantage of their tax-free shopping day.

This is why David will not be returning to a grocery store any time soon ... maybe ever.

(1) He refused to get into the seat of the shopping cart. Like wrapped his legs around me as tight as he could and screamed as loud as he could refused. I finally managed to get him into the basket of the cart, which was fine since I was only buying a few groceries.

(2) He proceeded to scream for the next 5 minutes, and it seemed like I was the only person with children inside the store at the time.
(3) He opened the box of frozen waffles I put into the cart. Let me rephrase that ... he tore the box open so that we came home with about 3/4 of the box.

(4) He took a bite out of one of the apples I had put in a produce bag.

(5) He tried to open the yogurt container I put into the cart.

Need I say more? Don't worry. I've got more. I failed to mention that he tried to climb out of the cart about 10 times and he is almost tall enough to do it.

The yogurt was almost my breaking point. But then I looked up and saw this older lady smiling at me when I was jerking the yogurt container from his hands and fussing at him for trying to open it and I smiled back at her. That made me feel better. And it was time to go.

I think I saved like $2 in tax and it was totally not worth the trouble. Who knew the double car shopping carts at Publix were so valuable (or the free cookies)? He gets into those without a fight, we get our free cookies at the bakery and I quickly get my groceries while everyone is happy.

No comments: