Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I need your help!

I am horrible at making decisions related to anything fashion, decorating, etc. Will tells me this on an almost daily basis. Fortunately my little sister is an interior designer, which comes in VERY handy.

So, I am trying to decide on some fabric for the new baby's diaper bag that will be sewn next month. It is hard trying to find cute boy fabric and I wanted something that would still look good as a bag after we were done with the diaper part (i.e., not cutesy animal, spaceship or car fabrics).

So, this is what I have chosen for my main fabric. The background is a chocolate brown that doesn't come across too good in the picture.

Here are five options for the coordinating fabric ... it will be the lining of the bag.

#1: white background swirls (this is my favorite, but I think it might be a little to frilly for a boy with all the swirls).

#2: white background dots

#3: lime dots (this is probably my second favorite because I think it is a nice contrast to the dark brown of the main fabric).

#4: white background leaf stripe

#5: brown/aqua stripe

Okay people ... I need some feedback. Oh, and if you don't like the main fabric, keep that bit of info to yourself. It's a keeper (I think).

4 comments:

Mady and Jacks Mama said...

I think I like #3. Nice contrast with the outside of the bag. I really like #1 with the swirls, but like you said, it might be a touch girly.

I am going to attempt my first appliqued t-shirt tomorrow, any tips for a novice?

phillips phamily said...

Lime dots or brown/aqua stripe. You don't want a light colored lining; it'll just get filthy!

Ash said...

Ok, as your interior designer sis, I feel obligated to make a comment! Definitely go with either the lime dot or the aqua stripe. I mean really, why would you ever want white to be in the colors of your lining? Let's be realistic and know that boys will be boys, and with that comes the boy messes! Those two will be a little easier to keep clean! Luv ya big sis!

chawthorne said...

I agree...pick one of the fabrics with the least amount of white...it will be less likely to look dirty. Love the colors and the main fabric you selected!