Friday, July 30, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 32 weeks


Here I am at 32 weeks ... moving right along. August is either going to go by really slow or really fast. I'm guessing the latter. (On a side note: I know the lighting is horrible in this picture but I made Will take it late one night when I was about to download all the pictures from my camera.)

I have come to notice that many other people who blog during their pregnancies fill out this little update, so instead of rambling about how hot, tired and hungry I am, I will record my thoughts in a more organized manner.

How Far Along: 32 (almost 33) weeks
Total Weight Gain: 30 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Umm ... yeah. I have actually purchased larger tops than what I started out in.
Best Moment this week: Feeling lots of hiccups the past few weeks. I can tell exactly where the baby's head is and let's just say it's down low. One night, Will put his hand on my tummy and felt it too. We thought it was hilarious!
Gender: Boy!
Movement: Lots. Baby Luke is very active! Especially at night when I am trying to sleep. I am ready for this baby to drop because he is starting to crowd my lungs with all that moving around!
Food Craving: cereal ... sugary sweet (like Froot Loops and Captain Crunch), watermelon (I cannot get enough of this stuff) and salad ... a good salad from a restaurant (not one I make at home).
What I miss: being able to eat anything without feeling like I am having a massive heart attack from the heartburn; running.
Sleep: If I get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I am satisfied. There have been many nights with only 3-5 hours sleep. Naps are my friend, but few and far between unfortunately.
What I am looking forward to: drinking coffee without feeling guilty and drinking a glass of wine (can you tell the end is near)
Belly Button: Stretched to the limit. It never popped out in my previous pregnancies, but I am getting there on this one.
Stretch Marks: I already had them on my belly and hips from an overweight childhood. No new ones from any of my pregnancies, which is nice I guess. After this pregnancy, I am definitely going to try some of that stretch mark cream that is supposed to reduce visibility.
Symptoms: heartburn, breathlessness, insomnia (but not much swelling, which is good considering all the heat I am having to endure this summer).

No comments: