Sunday, August 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: August 16-21


I'm really not in the mood to plan our menu this week because I am so very tired and it is so very hot. But, I'm also not in the mood for sandwiches and cereal for dinner every night either. I haven't been to the grocery store yet, which means I will have to go Monday or Tuesday night after working all day (hopefully our milk will stretch until then).

We have a few leftovers that will sustain us until I can make it to the grocery store ... I hope!

Monday: leftover Squash, caramelized onion and tomato pasta, salad, garlic bread

Tuesday: leftover Chicken puffs, fresh green beans & new potatoes

Wednesday: Garden veggie frittata, blueberry muffins or sourdough toast, sausage links

Thursday: grilled pork chops, fried okra, squash casserole, bread machine wheat rolls (seriously, I have had these pork chops on the menu plan for about 3 weeks now and we still haven't eaten them. Good thing they are in the freezer!)

Friday: family dinner out (I really hate cooking on Friday nights for some reason)

Saturday: date night

Sunday (lunch): Tomato basil quiche (this is a new recipe I am trying since we have basil coming out of our ears right now and I don't really need to freeze any more pesto), cantaloupe/watermelon

Sunday (dinner): leftovers

Check out other menu plans here.

1 comment:

the Wilbecks said...

Made the pork chops tonight and my husband who hates pork chops ate every last bite! This recipe will be making a repeat performance. Thanks for the idea!