Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sewing List Progress (II)

Remember when I posted my summer sewing goals? Here is an update.

Let me preface this meager update by saying that my sewing machine has been in the shop for the past 10 weeks. It needed a good tune-up and I was having some major tension problems. But, I got it back yesterday and I am ready to SEW!

Back to the list ...

This outfit has been in my "to do" pile all summer but I couldn't finish sewing it up until I got the applique/monogramming done. It matches an outfit Claire has that I hope still fits her. This outfit is lacking buttons and button holes, but not for long!


This is the reverse side of the romper. Baby Luke will be able to wear this outfit in a couple of years now.

I also made these outfits for the kids to wear to Disney. I finished the shorts the night before we left ... at midnight. We left at 3:00 a.m. the following day. Needless to say, I did a lot of sleeping in the car on the drive to Orlando! They were definitely the best dressed kids at Disney! I loved that all of the park employees (even the dancers in the parade) called my kids by name all day long ... one of the perks of monogrammed shirts I guess.

There are three outfits on my old list that are being postponed until next spring because by the time I get them finished now, it will be too cold to wear them. I do still hope to finish David's smocked puppy romper even though rompers are kind of a pain to wear now since he is potty-trained.

I saved the best for last ... the diaper bag. My mom ended up making it for me because when we had to move our trip around to accommodate Will's work schedule after his company made the big layoff, I was going to be gone during the diaper bag class. I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait. I promise to post a picture. Just to tide you over for now, the bag looks like this, but is made out of this fabric. (I went with the lime dots for my coordinating fabric.)

1 comment:

Christine said...

You are SO talented!! I really wish I could learn how to sew clothes. It just seems so hard to me. Hope you got all of your other "to-do's" done this weekend. Doesn't it seem like they are never ending???