Monday, December 27, 2010

What have you read in 2010?

I started my 2010 book list here.

Sadly, I don't have a lot to add since then. Here is the rest of my list with several books still "in progress".

The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steigg Larsson

These are the second and third books in Larsson's trilogy about Lisbeth Salander. I think the second book is probably my favorite of the three, although I am only about halfway through the third book. It has not been the page turner for me as much as the first two were, which is why I haven't finished it yet. Don't get me wrong, it is still very good and I am excited to see how the story ends, but it is not something I am willing to stay up late and read (and lose sleep over).

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

I think that anybody who has children should read this book. It is a very interesting look at the successful elite and how they became successful (hint ... its a combo of very hard work and discipline mixed with some opportunity and pure luck).

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout

Nobody that read this in my book club liked this book. I have read about half of it and plan on finishing it. It is almost like a collection of short stories about people who are all connected to the main character, Olive. We liked the short stories themselves, but didn't really love Olive.

The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall

I've read about one-third of this book. I like it. I just didn't have time to finish it for my October book club and started reading our November book (which I did manage to finish).

Radical by Steve Platt

I've only read about 4 chapters of this book, but so far, it is AMAZING! I don't know anybody who has read this book and not been compelled to change their lives.

No comments: