Saturday, January 8, 2011

Holiday Cheer from December

We decorated the Christmas tree ... actually, Will did. I just supervised and took pictures.



I ran a 5K. I know, shocking!! I've run about five times since I had the baby and I fully expected to have to walk some, but I ran the whole thing. Will sat out with the kids as he was recovering from a cold/sinus infection. The kids ran in the kids ran in the Santa Chase and we all supported Team Madeline.

Madeline in my friend Claire's daughter who is about two weeks younger than David. She was diagnosed with Juvenile Rhuematoid Arthritis shortly after her first birthday.




The kids enjoyed seeing Santa at the event.



I got to hang out with some of my favorite friends. (Claire and Holly chaired and co-chaired the event. Colleen walked the 5K with both of her girls in a stroller.) All 4 of our families ate lunch afterwards and the restaurant may never been the same!!



Will read The Advent Book to the kids again this year. Take straight from the book of Luke, the kids got to hear parts of the Christmas story every night. It is one of their favorite things!



My mom, sister and niece came over one day to decorate Gingerbread houses. They really had a fun time. Maybe we will make this an annual "girl's day in".












It snowed twice!! Once on December 12 and again on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We loved our White Christmas!!






Unfortunately, there was not really enough snow to do any sledding. Claire remembered our big sledding day from last January. She was content making snow angels for now.



My mom and dad took Claire and my niece Evie to see The Rockettes again this year. They had so much fun!!




My sister and I took the girls to see The Nutcracker Ballet. They
got to have their picture made with a real-live ballerina
from the show and eat ice cream at Maggie Moo's afterwards. We had a fun time.






I got to paint a cute holiday picture at Sips N Strokes with my book club group for our Christmas party. Even though on 4 of us could make it, we had a blast!







We spent Christmas Eve and my sister's house.












Santa came while everyone was tucked snuggly in bed.



We spent Christmas Day at home. We stayed in our jammies and played with new toys ALL DAY LONG!















Luke had a great First Christmas!




We even had some snow. The first White Christmas I ever remember getting. (The woods behind our house pictured below.)




The day after Christmas, we headed out in the snow to Will's parents house for more gifts and more time with family.






We spent the New Year's Eve with our next door neighbors and called it a night (and year) around 10pm. And I did not take one single picture.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: