Monday, February 28, 2011

project SCRAP 2011

Before I started sewing (shortly after Claire was born), scrapbooking was my one true crafty love. I still like to scrapbook, but since my three little kiddos came along, there has not been a whole lot of that going on.

When Claire was born, I had all of my scrapbooking up to date. I made a family album for each year and I have even gone back and scrapbooked my high school and college years and Will's summer in Lake Tahoe with Campus Crusade. Claire's baby book was "in progress" before she was born!

Now, I am still working on Claire and David's baby books and Luke's is yet to be started. As far as our family books are concerned, 2006 is complete and I have started 2007. Needless to say, I am very BEHIND! And I may never catch up until my kids go to college!

In 2008, I switched to digital scrapbooking (and have printed very few pictures since then). One of my favorite websites for digi scrapping is The Shabby Shoppe. They are currently sponsoring project SCRAP 2011. The goal is to have a 24-page finished book at the end of the year (a two-page spread for each month). Even though I still plan to go back (one day) and do a full family book for each year, I thought I would do this to have some current pictures scrapped (and possibly a nice little gift book for the grandparents at the end of the year). The Shabby Shoppe makes it really easy and even gives you two templates to use for each month. All I have to do is add pictures and my own papers and embellishments.

Here are my two pages for January. Instead of kind of doing an overview for each month as the project suggests, I am just going to pick an event/holiday from each month and scrap about that.




I hope to have my February pages up by the end of the week. February's theme is Valentine's Day of course! I am excited to be scrapping again!

No comments: