Saturday, September 24, 2011

Well, Hello Fall!

It was a cool 49 degrees here this morning when we left at 8 am for Claire's soccer game. Will was headed to Tuscaloosa to watch Bama take on Arkansas. In addition to college football, colorful leaves, cooler weather and pumpkins, one of my favorite things about fall is eating soup.

Even though it ended up warming up to 70 degrees today, I threw together some soup for lunch. And I mean I literally threw it together with a bunch of random stuff from our pantry and freezer. It was really yummy so I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Southwest Chicken Soup
3 cups shredded chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 c. salsa
2 cans chicken broth
2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. frozen corn
1T. dried onions
1t. chili powder
1/2-1t. cumin
1/2t. garlic powder

Bring to boil. Lower to simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.

Some of my other favorite fall/tailgate recipes are:

Buffalo chicken dip (serve with fritos, celery sticks and/or chicken crackers)



Feta black bean dip (serve with tortilla scoops)


Enjoy! Happy Saturday! Roll Tide!

No comments: