Friday, October 14, 2011

E is for Elephant ...

I decided to do the vowels first with David. So we've done A, E, I, O and U and now we've started covering the consonants (in no particular order).

We made this Elmo tot book to review our numbers, colors, shapes, etc. each day. I also DVR'd Sesame Street each day so he could watch Elmo's World. Let's just say, he is not a fan of Elmo (although he did enjoy the tot book).

Do-A-Dot Letter E. David has about out-grown the Do-A-Dot markers. Just in time to hand them down to baby Luke. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to let him get his little hands on them yet though. Maybe next year ...


Elephant color by number. His coloring has greatly improved since we started doing some preschool stuff at home over the summer. This was back in August and it has even gotten better over the last month. I guess practice really does make perfect.



Writing the letter E. I purchased this Dry Erase activity center for David to use for writing (since I didn't have a laminator at the time). You just slip the sheet in, write and wipe.



Upper case E/lower case e sorting from LOTW.


Our favorite activity of the week ... Green Eggs and Ham. We read the book several times during the week and had green eggs and ham for dinner one night. The kids loved it and have asked for it over and over again. Claire kept saying "I love this cooked meat." So funny!!


Our E board. See our E-verse in the top left corner. "Even a child is known by his deeds." Thanks to RRSP for the free printables! Several of our E crafts came from here and here.


Claire helped us with the eggshells on E. It was pretty messy but the kids had fun.




That wraps up our E week.

No comments: