Friday, October 21, 2011

I is for Igloo and Ice Cream and Inchworm!

We had a fun "I" week. Who doesn't love ice cream in August?

Making playdough I's.


David was not in the mood to have his picture taken this particular day.


Inchworm puzzle. All of our LOTW curriculum for the Letter I was inchworm themed.


Inchworm counting.


Ice painting. We made the ice cube paints the day before and got lots of color mixing practice in. We found that the darker/brighter colors painted the best. Also, cover with foil to hold the toothpicks in place.


Claire joined us the next day for painting our ice cream cones. This was really pretty mess free.




Inchworm craft from toilet paper rolls. David played with this thing a long time.


Marshmallow igloo. David ate marshmallows and pretty much watched me make this craft.


Our "I" board for the week (including a butterfly Claire made at church.)


Our Bible curriculum came from RRSP. David had a hard time with our verse ... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I did find this fun song to go along with our verse.

Our igloo printables came from here and here. Our ice cream printables and activities came from here and here.

No comments: