Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jingle Bell Run 2011

Will and I both got to run in the Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell Run this past weekend.  Last year, he was sick with a sinus infection and sat in the car with the kids while I ran my very first 5K by myself.  Boo!

We ran into my friend Melissa and she took a quick family photo for us before the race.  David was not cooperating.  He was way more interested in eating his donut.


Will before the race. 

Ready to run!  I told Will I was wearing my headsets and his response was "I wasn't planning on us staying together anyway."  Gee, thanks! 

David and Luke watching the race. 

The kids were entertained in the awesome kids area while we ran.  They made necklaces, Christmas cookies, ate candy canes, etc.  They had a grand old time! 

Claire modeling her jingle bell necklace. 

Claire and David waiting for us at the finish line. 

Here I come.  My time was 31:27 which was MUCH improved from my time last year (of almost 37 minutes).  Last year, I had just had Luke less than 3 months earlier.  I was just happy to run the whole race to be quite honest. 

Here comes Will.  Please notice that I finished first.  The pictures are in the correct order.  Ha! 

Will and me after the race. 

Go Team Madeline!!  My friend Claire's daughter (Madeline) who is David's age has JRA.  We ran in her honor.  Such a great group! 

Claire and the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital mascot "Champ". 

Luke just chillin' with my sports drink after the race.  He was so ready to get out of that stroller. 

Claire in her reindeer antlers. 

Me and my friend Claire.  She is all decked out in the Christmas attire.  She chaired this event last year and helped a ton with it this year too.   This event is always a fun way to kick-off the Christmas season! 

No comments: