Sunday, January 22, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: January 23


I actually stuck the menu plan this week and got around to making everything on the list! 

The two new recipes I tried this week were big hits.  One was the Italian tortellini soup which came from one of my favorite all-purpose blogs, Make It Do.  (All-purpose meaning she has great recipes, cleaning tips, activities for kids and sewing ideas, using stuff you already have.)  The second recipe I found on Pinterest: shrimp pasta with pesto cream sauce.  I used fresh shrimp I purchased from Whole Foods when they had shrimp on sale a while back (from our freezer) and homemade basil pesto that I made last summer (also from our freezer).  It was DELISH!

Here is the menu plan for this coming week:

Monday: Baked Pizza Roll & salad for Will and the kids (I have bookclub)

Tuesday: Slow-cooker black bean soup, guacamole/salsa & chips

Wednesday: Leftovers (we have a lot of random things to choose from, but not enough for a meal for everyone ... so, every man, woman and child for themselves!)

Thursday: Pecan crusted salmon, brown/wild rice, steamed broccoli

Friday: Chili night at friend's house

Saturday: dinner out with Will's parents

Sunday: Lunch out with Will's parents, dinner: leftovers again!

Check out Laura's blog for more Menu Plan Monday.

No comments: