Friday, January 13, 2012

Sew What? Edition: it's been a while ...

Will granted me a reprieve from the house one Saturday and I was able to get some "sewing" done on my mom's embroidery machine.  I'll be sharing some good clothing bargain ideas too in this post.

This outfit came from Lolly Wolly Doodle.  They are a flash sale site on Facebook.  I think this outfit was $34.  That is a steal for this high quality tee and cute ruffle pants.  Even though I could easily make these pants, nice fabric would probably cost $12-$15, plus my time to make them (which doesn't come cheap).  This was a Christmas gift for my niece.  

A close up of the stitching on the "e".  This applique came from here.  Lolly Wolly Doodle will add monogramming to their shirts for $5, but I wanted to let my sister choose this one so I did it myself.  (Plus, I didn't want to spend $5 for a single letter ... but for a name or applique, it is totally worth it.)

Here is my cute niece wearing her outfit to school for "red" day.

I did a similar "c" on a shirt for Claire.  This is a nice thick tee that I purchased wholesale from a friend ($4) and a pair of Castles & Crowns pants that I purchased at Zulily (another flash deal site) for $15.  (These would normally run $30.)  You can sign-up for daily emails from Zulily by clicking on this link (and I will receive a $15 credit).  

{On a side note, Zulily has tons of great products from kids and moms ... everything from books, games, clothing, educational products, maternity clothing, shoes, etc..} 

I purchased these two rompers from a friend for $8 each.  They are lined corduroy from Castles & Crowns.  She had her son's initials monogrammed on them.  I covered the monograms with a patch and put Luke's initials on them.  (Also, the brown and green paired with a red turtleneck was a super-cute Christmas outfit for him.) 

I love cute playclothes!  I bought these pants for Claire on clearance at Target for $2.50 each.  The tees were on sale at Target for $5 each.  I added the monograms/initials.

1 comment:

Abby Devine said...

Love anything and everything that has a monogram on it. You did a great job, such cute clothes!