Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

We started our Valentine's Day festivities the weekend before at a fundraiser dance with Claire and David (Luke stayed home with grandparents).  They had a fun time I think.  They would have preferred to be dancing to a KidBop CD as opposed to the band that played.

I overheard Claire telling David that "maybe he would hear 'Party Rock' or 'Big Apple Adventure'".  (FYI-Big Apple Adventure was the theme song from VBS at our church last summer and we listen to the CD all the time!)  I seriously doubt there is any event that would play these two songs together!


Out on the dance floor with Mommy.  Everybody wanted to dance with me.  I felt special!


We went with tow other couples from church.  Will with Rocky & Carey.


David tried out a little limbo.


My friends Heather and Teri (and baby CJ).


Claire and Will dancing to "Brown Eyed Girl".  Will and I danced to this song at our wedding!

Dressed in our Valentine tees for school on Monday.  I had a hard time getting a good picture of all 3 kids!  Imagine that!


Another try. 

I caught this sweet hug on camera.


Heads together!  Luke was not a fan of this pose.


A sweet treat from a local bakery ... mini strawberry and red velvet cupcakes.  (I always take cupcakes to the kids' teachers for Valentine's Day ... like one big gourmet cupcake from Gigi's.)

David made this fun V-day picture at school on Monday. 

Claire working on a Valentine craft for her school.  She was a little sad not to have a class party this year (since we are homeschooling) but we had fun mailing some V-day cards to a few special friends (and they had fun getting a treat in the mail). 


Daddy bought us all Wii games for Valentine's Day. (I'm not a big flower person.)  Claire and I are super-pumped to play our new Just Dance games.


The kiddos and me. 

Will and the kiddos. 

Our new favorite treat!  We turned this ...

Into this.  The combo of strawberry, chocolate and cream cheese is divine.  Go here for the recipe.


We planned on staying home to celebrate with a nice dinner, wine and some Wii playing (and maybe a movie after the kids were in bed), but were offered FREE last minute hockey tickets Tuesday afternoon.  We had been wanting to take the kids to a hockey game so we jumped on the chance to go for FREE! 

Let's go Predators!

First hockey game for the kids.  Will said he never imagined that Luke's first professional sporting event would be a hockey game! 

We made it through 2 periods before we headed home.  I think the big kids could have watched the whole game, but Luke was getting fussy since it was WAY past his bedtime. 


Just to prove that I was there too. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: