Friday, March 30, 2012

Preschool Corner: Letter K ... Kites and Kangaroos

Welcome to our letter K week ... all about Kites.  Unfortunately, weather did not permit us actually flying a kite this week.  (We did this unit back in February)

{David is 3 years, 11 months old}

Kite coloring page from 1plus1plus1equals1.

Silly boy!  He can do these coloring pages all by himself now once I identify the color words.  His coloring is still a bit sloppy though, but greatly improved from the first of our school year!

Kite cutting.  All of our Kite printables came from Confession of a Homeschooler's LOTW curriculum.

K dot marker page.

Kite puzzle.

Kite size sorting.

Kite number writing.  We are working on writing 0-10.  He traces one, the writes one on his own.

Kite color bead stringing.  I made this up on my own.  We taped matching pipe cleaners to each color kite and then put beads (to match) on the pipe cleaners.  This activity took a while and he got kind of bored with it at the end.



K uppercase/lowercase sorting. 

Kite patterning activity.  

Spelling KITE and kite.  

Letter K poke page. 

Kite pre-writing tracing. 

Playdough K. 

Still improving with our playdough letters.  Getting better each week! 

K is for King craft. 

RRSP bible verse: "Keep your tongue from evil." Psalm 34:13.  This was a short one and David learned it easily.

Claire likes doing the Kindergarten activities with this program. 

Bible verse craft. 

Our K board.


Some K books we loved:
The Kite Festival by Leyla Torres
Curious George Flies a Kite by Margret Rey
The Flyaway Kite by Steve Bjorkma
Let's Fly a Kite by Stuart J. Murphy
Three Little Kittens by Paul Galdone
Who Are You Baby Kangaroo and It Was You Blue Kangaroo by Stella Blackstone


This post is linked up to these great blogs ... check them out for more great learning ideas!


4 comments:

Stef Layton said...

love the King page. Do you change your board each week? What do you do with all the papers?? I'm on "b" and starting to wonder!

susanv said...

Stef ... I do change my board each week. I mainly just put everything up there to photograph and then leave it up until the next week is complete. I have been 3 hole punching all the completed papers and putting them in a binder. I don't know why I keep everything but I do. I keep the letter curriculum (that I can re-use with my younger child) in a file folder.

Chrissy said...

I love the beads on the end of the kites! Great idea!

We do the letter of the week as well. I plan do use this idea when we come back around to k. Or maybe over the summer.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great week! My son isn't a big fan of coloring and his pages look very similar :-)