Monday, October 22, 2012

Luke: 2-years-old

Luke turned two back in September.  He has definitely grown out of the baby phase ... and losing all that cute baby fat!
 
These are photos from his 2-year-old photo shoot.  The photographer did a great job of capturing his personality in these photos.  They are so Luke!
 
The official 2-year-old doctor visit stats:
 
Weight: 25 pounds, 13 ounces (25th percentile)
Height: 33-1/4 inches (20th percentile)
 
Other important things:
 
Clothing size: 24M-2T
 
Shoe size: 6
 
diaper size: 5
 
Favorite foods: veggie chips, apple nutrigrain bars, mac & cheese, applesauce, bananas, cheese sticks (he is the best eater of any of my children and will clean his plate no matter what I feed him 9 times out of 10).
 
Favorite TV shows: TV is not really his thing, although he does like Elmo and Super Why if they happen to be on.  I've already spoken of his love for Apple electronics.  Ha!  He really loves to watch any Disney Cars movie and any LeapFrog movie.
 
Favorite songs: Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider
 
Learning: He can sing the ABCs and count to 10 (sometimes 20 but not consistently)
 
 
This little boy is always on the go ... unless he is sitting playing with my iphone or ipad.  He wakes up asking for those things and he knows exactly where I keep them to be charged.  He also loves books and cars.  Specifically, an Elmo colors book (from the dollar bin at Target) and another baby word book.  He loves to point and say the word or make the appropriate animal sound.  He also loves anything related to Disney Cars.  When I was putting him to bed tonight, he said "I love Cars 2."  He really cracks me up!

 
Social development: you have a LOT of words!  I can't even begin to write them all down but he has a lot to say, and he says it loudly!  And I understand most of it.  One of my favorites is "no way" when I ask him if he wants something.  He can repeat pretty much anything you tell him.  When we pray at night, he will say "Dear God" and "Amen".  So sweet!
 
Physical development: This boy runs full speed all the time.  He attacks life with such vigor.  It is all or nothing with him.  He runs, jumps, gallops and hops.  He loves to push the shopping cart at full speed.  He loves to swing and slide outside.  Oh, and he is also quite the climber from what I hear from the Wednesday night church workers (but he doesn't climb much at home).  He walks right into his preschool class without a look back at Mom.

 
See how Luke has grown over the past 2 years!  I can't believe my baby is 2!!
 
 
Here is a photo montage of all 3 kids at age 2.  Claire and Luke definitely look more alike at this age than David.  David has my rounder face and Claire and Luke have Will's jaw & chin.  Luke is definitely our blondest child!  Claire and Luke also both have my fine, thin hair, while David has Will's course, thick, curly hair. 
 

No comments: